3.09.2009

Job Update

As you can see from my earlier blogs, it has been a little bit difficult for me to decide where I would like to work! lol I decided late last week that I really needed to re-visit the labor and delivery unit at Baptist East in Montgomery since my first experience wasn't at all what I expected. So today I re-met with the nurse manager and I must say that it was a much more pleasant experience. This time I did not feel rushed and she actually took the time to go over the computer system with me. She showed me all the rooms and talked about all the equipment. She even introduced me to some of the staff and they were all so nice. I really liked was I saw!
I will say that even before I went today I had already decided which job I was going to take! I spoke with one of my friends that works in L&D and she was so honest with me about the unit. She didn't sugar coat anything! She definitely played a huge role in my decision and after visiting the unit today I can officially introduce myself as the NEWEST staff member of Labor and Delivery! I start on March 23rd with 2 weeks hospital orientation, then I start 13 weeks of orientation on the unit. After 13wks of orientation I will be working night shift {all by myself}. I am definitely not a fan of the "uniform" {I have to wear light BLUE} lol. So much for all the scrubs that I already have...NONE of which are Blue...:) oh well...
Anyways, please keep me in your prayers. I take NCLEX on Thursday...bright and early in the morning! And I am sooo nervous! I will hopefully find out on Saturday how I did on the test. I will write again then.

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment